I’m sure it’s on your mind. Christmas is coming and we all want it to be a memorable time for our friends and family. It has surprised me how much more energy it takes to plan for gifts that are both meaningful and minimalist. It is much easier to throw another piece of plastic in the shopping cart, give a family picture in yet another frame, or pick up a candle gift basket for someone who’s hard to buy for. This year I want to go a different route.
Here is a list of my favorite gift ideas. I hope you enjoy them.
36 of My Favorite Minimalist Christmas Gifts:
3. Knowledge (books or ebooks)
6. Kiva Gift Certificates
7. Something made by You (poem, painting, etc.)
8. Tickets (concert, movies, etc.)
9. Massage (gift certificate or give one yourself)
10. Practical Gifts for around the house
11. Lessons (horse back riding, piano, etc.)
12. Plants or Flowers
13. Computer Software
15. Homemade Bread
16. Music (iTunes, mp3s, etc.)
18. Luxury bath items
19. Volunteer together
20. Share a meal together
21. Moleskine notebook
23. Homemade cloth grocery bag (this really appeals to my crafty side)
24. Cookbook (buy one or put together your own favorite recipes)
25. Care package
26. Services (babysitting, dog walking, etc.)
27. Financial Investments
28. Family Vacation
29. One big ticket item to share (trampoline, outdoor playset, etc.)
30. Room Makeover
31. Summer camp experience
32. Wireless digital frame
33. Donation to favorite cause
35. Expandable gifts that can be added to later (train set, Legos, etc.)
36. Membership (annual pass to zoo, museum, amusement park, etc.)
So, go plastic free this year, and don’t go into debt in an effort to have a “better” holiday season. If you have some favorite clutter-free or minimalist Christmas gift ideas I hope you’ll share them in the comments below.
To connect with me, please follow me on Twitter. The only way my blog reaches more people is if you Tweet it, Like it on Facebook, link to me from your blog, and email it to your friends. Thank you!